Standards and Behaviour
We are very keen on customer service here at Skippers. Each customer may only spend a few pounds with us at one time but multiply that by twice a week all year round and you soon realise that every customer is important. You will learn more about customer service at a later stage but a few basic pointers may help.
- Customers are a lot easier to loose than to win back!
- Never argue with a customer, even if you know you are right. It always seems important at the time to be proven right about the point you were making but the customer is always right.
- Never gossip about one customer to another, the person you are telling will only believe you will be talking about them to the next person who walks through the door.
- Never use bad language in front of a customer.
- Always smile and try to make eye contact when talking to a customer.
- Place any change owed into the customers hand not just on the counter.
- The customer you are serving is the most important person in the shop, give them your full attention.
- Never talk to anyone else whilst serving a customer.
- People would rather wait for their food to be fresher.
- If you wouldn’t eat it yourself don’t serve it to anyone else.
- Always remember whilst you are working you are representing the company, your actions could cause problems not just for yourself but also the business as a whole!
- Always think how your words and actions would look if you were at the other side of the counter.
- Customers should be greeted with a smile and if waiting for food the shift manager should talk to them whilst the servers get on with other jobs.